How To Exfoliating eczema
Best Exfoliate Eczema can seem like the opposite of what you should be doing – wouldn’t this just aggravate your skin more? Removing dead skin is actually incredibly healthy for your eczema. However, you do need to be very careful about how you proceed. Read on for our Comprehensive Guide: Exfoliating & Eczema (below).
Should you Exfoliating eczema?
Exfoliating eczema rubbing something against your skin to remove dead and dry skin cells. It helps to clean your skin and remove dirt and bacteria as well and can lift hard crusts that often occur with Exfoliating eczema (and especially happen with cradle cap). So Eczema sufferers tend to have a lot more dead and dry skin cells to get rid of than other people, so many sufferers find relief in regularly dry brushing their skin.
It also removes the flakes that can sometimes come off in public which can cause embarrassment for many of us. The dead skin and hard crusts on the surface of eczema skin also stop moisturizers and topical creams from being able to penetrate in and really do their work, so it is recommended as a regular activity for people living with the condition. You should only exfoliate dry, scaly or crusty eczema patches, however.
Do not exfoliate any skin that is cracked, weeping on bleeding, or already angry, as this will make things worse. Think of it more as a maintenance activity, for in-between flare-ups, to help clean your skin and remove the dry and dead flakes.
How to exfoliate with eczema: the best methods
Gently, gently, gently! One of the best ways is to use a product that has moisturizing properties as well as the roughness needed for exfoliation. So There are some exfoliating soaps, but it is best to choose a soap that is specifically gentle for sensitive skin, and won’t strip your skin of much-needed moisture.
So Lavender Goat Milk Soap Bars – For Eczema, Psoriasis & Dry Sensitive Skin! 100% Natural Handmade Soap. Gentle Baby Soap, Face soap & Body Soap. (3 BARS)
Exactly how should you exfoliate eczema?
Most importantly make use of gentle soap if possible.
One thing is for certain if уou’re goіng to exfoliate while suffering from eczеma, you will need to first make sure you are utilizing an all-natural product that will keep your skin soft and moisturized throughout the day. A great example of this is Emily Skin Soothers Natural Body Wash for Exfoliating eczema. This soap is filled with tons of natural Chinese herbs and coconut oil.
Alternatively, if you need a harder soaр, we recommend Emily Skin Soothers Eczema Soap with Herbs.
This Formula Contains The Following Exfoliating eczema:
- Olive Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Palm Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt Scrub
Some of the best scrub products you can use have sea salt granules as the exfoliant property. Sea salt is wonderful for eczema skin, with Dead Sea salt as a particularly good option. Salt is high in lots of trace elements and minerals including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron. It can also improve your body’s immunity, help heal, remove infections, and battle with bacteria.
And the bonus for eczema sufferers; salt also relieves inflammation and softens and moisturizes the skin. This product is a nice one for eczema sufferers, and smells amazing as well! It’s called SCARLETT PARIS Body Peel with Dead Sea Salts. Rub the scrub all over your skin, either using your hand or a soft cloth. You can apply the scrub in the shower, before your shower, or in the bath.
Rinse it off gently and pat yourself dry with a towel. Even though these products are called ‘scrubs’ you shouldn’t really be scrubbing them onto your skin if you have Exfoliating eczema.
Just rub it on gently in a circular motion is all that you need. Scrubs mix the salt with a thicker base, such as coconut oil, which moisturizes your skin as the roughness of the salt granules slough off the dead skin cells.
[SKIN79] Green Tea Purifying Clay Mask 3.38 fl.oz. (100ml) – Sebum Control & Pore Care Scrub Wash off Mask, Remove Dead Skin Cells, Skin Soothing & Moisturizing Mask for Oily and Acne Skin
You can buy commercially made sugar scrub products that are lovely for sensitive skin, but you can also very easily make your own sugar scrub at home. Sugar (yes, just regular, raw sugar, like what you put in your coffee) has some gorgeous health benefits for eczema skin. And you thought too much sugar was bad for your skin! It turns out that you don’t eat it – you rub it on your body.
Raw sugar contains lots of glycolic acids, which has magical regenerating properties for your skin. Glycolic acid is a common ingredient in skincare and anti-aging products because it reduces fine lines, repairs and rehydrates the skin, and also helps to protect it from toxins.
It is important to note that like almost anything, glycolic acid can actually cause a flare-up for some Exfoliating eczema sufferers, although most should be fine with a sugar scrub.
It is best if you Patch Test a sugar scrub onto a small patch of your skin where you are not currently suffering from a flare-up, and then wipe it off. Wait 48 hours to see if this causes a flare-up and if not then you are probably not triggered by glycolic acid, and will be fine to use a sugar scrub all over.
Colloidal oatmeal, or oatmeal which has been reduced to a fine powder, is a primary ingredient in many Exfoliating eczema products and those that are suitable for sensitive skin. We have discussed the benefits of oatmeal before, including that it helps to reduce inflammation in your skin as well as heal, cool and moisturize. The special properties in oatmeal are why it is so soothing and nourishing for the skin.
It is high in essential vitamins and minerals, helps to fight infection, encourage your immune system to work better, and is strong is skin-healthy ingredients like vitamin E and zinc. We also use oatmeal in our son’s bath. Read our guide to using oatmeal in the bath, a natural way to help lock in moisture.
Coffee scrubs have been gaining popularity recently, with some good news for eczema sufferers. While drinking lots of coffee can bring Exfoliating eczema on, rubbing coffee grounds on your skin can help it to go away. Coffee has the effect of reducing heat and inflammation in the skin and helping the inflamed area start to heal, partially because it helps to increase blood circulation. Majestic makes a lovely coffee scrub that is suitable for eczema sufferers. Even drinking Tea can cause inflammation for eczema sufferers. I know, we can’t even enjoy a lovely cup of tea right? Read, why here!
You don’t need to buy an exfoliant product but, you can get the same sort of results using a body brush and just gently dry brushing your skin. Choose a brush that isn’t too abrasive for your skin, a brush made from hair or silicone will be fine, such as these ones below. Use gentle circular motions with the body brush all over the parts of your body that you want to remove dry skin from. Do this naked before having a shower (it is easy to do in the shower recess before you run the shower).
- Exfoliating eczema and rejuvenate your skin by using the SpaVerde dry brushing brush with natural boar bristles. Body brush for dry brushing that revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin.
- Get the full at-home spa experience with this complete dry brushing set, which includes a body brush, a face brush, a bonus storage and travel linen bag & easy-to-follow printed instructions. Great inflammation and swelling reducer – swollen feet and ankles relief.
- We only use the highest quality, natural materials. And we back that with our 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Whether you’re looking to stimulate collagen production or improve your skin texture, dry brushing helps buff away dead skin cells to reveal healthier, younger-looking skin.
This brush stands out because it has a good bristle texture that users praise, resulting in healthier, softer skin, lymphatic drainage, and better circulation. We love that it comes with a bonus facial brush and in stylish gift-worthy packaging.
Occasional buyers have experienced issues with handle durability and a few were bothered by shedding bristles.
Elemis detox skin brush
High-quality material-made of 100% natural cactus bristle, suitable for Exfoliating eczema, relaxing and removing dead skin and toxins
Dry body brushing daily is a natural way to increase circulation, improves metabolism, eliminates dead skin cells, and helps the body’s natural detoxification process
So Dry wet brushing-can be used both for showering and dry skin brush, boost circulation and promote skin health and glows
Comfortable & health -rub and soften skin over your full body, improve your skin’s quality and leave it glowing and smooth
Medium stiffness bristles- Tough and flexible, we recommend soaking with warm water for about 2 minutes to slightly soften it before use
We love the long handle and firm texture of this brush that leaves skin soft and clear. We liked the added grip of the rope-wrapped handle.
This brush may not be the best choice for taller users as some felt it was too short. It also lacks the durability seen on some other models.
Homemade eczema exfoliant
With many Exfoliating eczema products, it can be just easier to make your own at home and be certain of what ingredients have gone in. Here are some super easy recipes for homemade exfoliants for eczema that you can throw together in your kitchen.
Combine 1 cup raw sugar and ½ cup coconut oil in a small bowl to create a paste, with essential oil with antiseptic properties such as tea tree oil or manuka oil. For more information about which essential oils are good for eczema, read our article here Best Essential oils for Eczema. Once you have made your sugar scrub you can keep it in a container in the fridge – So this helps give it extra lovely cooling powers which will soothe and refresh your eczema when you use it. The oil and sugar can separate when left sitting in the container; just give it a good mix before you use it.
Awesome Oatmeal of Exfoliating eczema
Combine 1 cup oats with 1 cup of coconut oil and a couple of drops of lavender oil. Use the same as the scrubs described above – just massage gently onto your skin in a circular motion and then rinse off in the bath or shower. You could also add some raw manuka honey to the mix for its antibacterial properties.
Exfoliating Eczema – What not to do
Children, especially babies may not really like the experience of being exfoliated, so again it is important to go as gently as possible. You should persist with the activity and try to get them used to it if you can because it is enormously beneficial for their skin.
- You should be rubbing enough to remove dry skin cells, but not so hard that you really anger the skin or cause pain to the sufferer.
- Don’t Exfoliate Every Day Exfoliating eczema – Give your skin a chance to breathe and relax in between exfoliation sessions (Generally, no more than once a week is recommended)
- If you are suffering from infected areas on your skin, do not exfoliate.
Signs of infection can include bleeding and weeping skin, with yellowish pus coming out.
“NOTE: If you have infected areas, you should consult a doctor as you probably need to be prescribed a course of antibiotics to help clear this up”.
Many chemical exfoliants can aggravate your skin, so even though we recommend exfoliating for eczema sufferers, not just any product will do.
Chemical peels are especially harsh, and anything containing an astringent will dry out your skin.
Look for exfoliants that are made from all-natural ingredients or those that are labeled as suitable for eczema or for sensitive skin. If you are unsure of which ingredients to steer clear of, some of the usual suspects to watch out for.
- NEW 9 +1 SUPER VALUE PACKAGE: Set contains 9 PACK makeup sponges and 1 PACK makeup sponge holder. There are 3 different shapes of beauty sponge kit, including 3pcs teardrop shape, 3pcs oblique olive shape, 3pcs pear shape. These super value multicolor cosmetic sponges are definitely worth your purchase.
- 360°MAKEUP EFFORTLESS: These foundation blenders are got an almost velvety texture that feels really nice on your skin. The beauty blending sponge doesn't soak up a lot of product, and gives you an even, flawless finish with medium coverage. The bottom is larger than other sponges, so it covers a lot of area quickly, and the pointer tip is great for nooks and crannies and detail work.
- NON-FLOATING POWDER: Seamlessly applying and blending makeup, ultra beauty makeup blenders is an essential tool for creating a smooth, airbrushed finish. With a pointed tip, flat edge and rounded sides, this versatile sponge offers complete control on even the hardest to reach areas of the face. The multiuse sponge leaves the complexion smooth and with a streak free finish and non-floationg powder.
Best Makeup Brushes Professional Eye Brushes for Blending Eyeshadow
- 18-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION - Cover all your needs of all Your Makeup. Using BS-MALL blending brush, eyebrow brush, eyeshadow brushes and so on can give you results similar to makeup applied by a professional makeup artist!
- FIT EVERY FACE - The eye makeup brushes come in a variety of shapes and sizes hence suitable for contouring & highlighting for every face shape.
- MATERIAL - The eyeshadow brush set is made from synthetic and ultra-soft bristles. They're 100% cruelty-free and easier to clean in comparison to those of natural fibers.
New Anti-Aging Retinol Moisturizer Cream-2020
- RETINOL MOISTURIZING CREAM - The BEST firming face cream, filled with potent anti-aging ingredients, vitamins, and antioxidants! Cruelty-free formula with Retinol and Hyaluronic acid will make your skin soft and rejuvenated! Stop the clocks and refresh your skin instantly! Get the high-quality treatment YOU TRULY DESERVE!
- ANTI WRINKLE RETINOL CREAM - MARYANN Organics will shortly produce visible changes with the fine lines, wrinkles, and other imperfections. You can use it as a blemish cream, or as a regular retinol day cream. In both ways, you will see the effect - younger looking skin, radiant, and firm. Also goes well for the dark spots!
- 100% NATURAL FACIAL MOISTURIZER - So Perfectly balanced formula is dedicated to nourish your skin and provide a fine anti aging effect. Enriched with plant-based ingredients like Aloe Vera, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomile, Retinol, Vitamin E, Citric acid, and Panthenol, our moisturizer will remove the signs of aging fast and long-term!
Best night face cream and Neck Wrinkle Lotion Retinol 2020
- ADVANCED RETINOL SUPPORT - InstaNatural’s Retinol Moisturizer uses the power of Vitamin A (Retinol), Vitamin C, and Green Tea to provide intense antioxidant benefits for beautiful skin and optimal results.
- This makes it the perfect cream polish to achieve radiant, soft, and refreshed skin.
- FIGHT WRINKLES, FINE LINES, AND HYPERPIGMENTATION - Vitamin A and Vitamin C are two of the most trusted ingredients to fight aging concerns.
- Powered with the additional antioxidant benefits of Green Tea, this facial polish offers strong antioxidant power to fight against the signs of aging. These nutrients work synergistically to restore and reduce the effects of sun.
Solimo Oil-free Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub 2% Salicylic Acid
One 4.2 fluid-ounce bottle of Solimo Oil-free Pink Grapefruit Acne Scrub with 2% salicylic acid acne medication
Helps prevent the development of new acne pimples
Dermatologist Tested. Oil free. Polyethylene bead free. Not tested on animals
STRAIGHTENS, FLIPS & CURLS:
The Best Argan Oil For Hair Growth HSI Professional Glider creates dramatic results on even the frizziest coarsest hair; to quickly straighten, flip, and curl with minimal effort. Simple & fast.
MICRO SENSORS PREVENT FUTURE HAIR DAMAGE:
High quality ceramic plates use 8 HeatBalance micro-sensors to regulate the temperature & evenly distribute heat so fewer passes are needed on your precious hair.
CERAMIC & CRYSTALS TO CREATE SILKY RESULTS:
The Glider's plates are designed with ceramic and tourmaline crystal ion plates to create a shinier, silkier finish in less time.